- 3 c. dry oats
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 large cage free eggs
- 1/4 c. honey
- 3 overripe bananas (medium size)
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 c. unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 c. melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (70% cocoa)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine dry ingredients (oats, spices, baking powder, salt).
- Combine wet ingredients (honey, eggs, banana, vanilla extract, almond milk, coconut oil).
- Slowly add wet ingredients into dry ingredients while mixing with blender.
- Stir in dark chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Spray muffin tins with nonstick cooking spray.
- Fill muffin tins half full with batter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Yield: 20 muffins
Nutrition facts per muffin:
- 150 calories
- 20g carbohydrate
- 3g protein
- 7g fat
Recipe published by: Allison Ballina MS, RD
To see more from Case Specific Nutrition, check out our website!