3 (4 oz.) chicken breasts, trimmed, diced
2 c. chicken broth
10 oz. can low-fat cream of chicken soup
4 c. broccoli, fresh or frozen
1 small onion
4 cloves garlic, diced
3/4 c. brown rice, dry measure
1 c. reduced fat mozzarella cheese
salt and pepper to taste
1. Dice chicken in small bite sized pieces, add to large pan with non-stick cooking spray.
2. As chicken begins to brown, add onion, let cook for a few more minutes.
3. Add garlic and continue to sauté.
4. Add cream of chicken soup, 2 c. chicken broth, and uncooked brown rice.
5. Stir until well combined, bring to a boil, then reduce and let simmer.
6. Let cook for about 15 minutes. Add broccoli (if using frozen, cook first to remove excess water).
7. Add 1/2 c. cheese and stir until well combined.
8. Top with remaining 1/2 c. cheese. Can place under broiler if desired for slightly charred top and finish melting cheese.
Yield- 4 servings (1 cup each)