5 large green bell peppers
1 lb. lean ground beef (93/7)
2 c. wild rice, cooked
1 small onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
16 oz. diced tomato
1 tsp. italian seasoning
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
Shredded cheddar cheese, optional for topping
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Remove tops of peppers and any remaining seeds. Add to large pot of boiling water for 5 minutes to blanch peppers. Remove and lay on towel to remove any remaining water.
3. Cook wild rice according to package directions.
4. Sautee onion and garlic until becomes translucent. Add ground beef until cooked thoroughly.
5. In a large bowl, mix together rice, diced tomatoes, ground beef, and seasonings until well combined.
6. Stuff mixture evenly into 5 large peppers.
7. Bake in oven for 25-30 minutes. Can top with cheese about 10 minutes before end of cooking time. Add tomato sauce over top if desired.
Nutrition Facts (per pepper):
Calories: 240 calories