In need of a sweet, yet somewhat healthy treat to share with your ~lover~ this Valentine’s Day? Whether you’re enjoying a romantic evening with your soulmate or having a sappy rom-com and wine night, we’ve got you covered.
- 4 bananas (the riper, the sweeter!)
- 1/3 cup all natural peanut butter
- 12oz semisweet chocolate chips (carob chips to make it vegan!)
- coarse sea salt (optional)
- Peel and slice bananas into “pennies”.
- Make cute lil’ peanut butter sandwiches with your banana pennies.
- Let ’em freeze for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl, stirring every 20-30 seconds until consistency is just melty, gooey goodness.
- Using two forks, dip the frozen PB banana bites into the chocolate and lay them out on a baking sheet with wax paper. Sprinkle with sea salt if you’re feeling wild & dangerous.
- Freeze them again for at least another 30 minutes.
- Turn on The Notebook, keep tissues close by, and dig into these delicious little babies. Happy V-Day 🙂 <3