6 large yellow potatoes, peeled, cubed
16 oz. chicken broth
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. black pepper
1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
6 carrots, peeled, diced
1/2 yellow onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, peeled, minced
1 1/2 c. fat-free milk
1 1/2 c. reduced-fat cheddar cheese
2 tbsp. fresh chives, chopped
1. Fill large pot with water and bring to a boil.
2. Spray a medium skillet with non-stick cooking spray. Saute diced carrots for 2-3 minutes, then add diced onion and cook until onion is translucent and carrot appears soft. Add minced garlic and saute for an additional 30 seconds. Set aside and let cool.
3. Add potatoes to boiling water, cook until soft and tender (~25 minutes).
4. Using a food processor, add carrot and onion mixture and pulse until finely chopped and blended. Set aside in small bowl.
5. Drain potatoes, let cool. Add potato mixture to food processor until well blended. Return back to pot. Stir in carrot and onion mixture.
6. Stir in chicken broth and milk.
7. Add salt, pepper, red pepper flakes.
8. Lastly stir in cheese until melted.
9. Top with fresh chives, light sour cream, and turkey bacon as desired.
Yield ~6, 1 cup servings
Nutrition Facts (per 1c. serving):
Calories: 200, Fat: 3g, Carbs: 32g, Pro: 11g