2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled, sliced thinly
1 tsp. oil
1/2 onion, sliced
1/2 bag baby spinach
1/2 c. skim milk
5 eggs, 3 egg whites
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. red pepper
1.5 oz. feta cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray a pie pan with non-stick cooking spray.
3. Peel and slice sweet potatoes into thin slices.
4. Layer the pan with sweet potato slices to mimic a crust.
5.Bake the crust for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
6. Place 1 tsp. oil in a sauté pan. Add sliced onions and spinach and cook until onions are translucent and spinach is cooked.
7. Next whisk milk, salt, red pepper, eggs, and egg whites together.
8. When crust is done cooking, add onion and spinach mixture on top, then pour the egg and milk mixture over the top.
9. Lastly, sprinkle with feta cheese and bake for 35 minutes at 375 degrees.