1 lb. lean ground turkey (93/7)
2 garlic cloves
1 small onion
1 red pepper
1/4 cup BBQ sauce
1/4 cup buffalo wing sauce
1 cup tomato sauce
3 tbsp. tomato paste
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. red pepper flakes
salt and pepper to taste
Whole wheat bun or sandwich thin
- Sautee onion, red pepper, and garlic in a medium size pot over medium heat for about 3-4 minutes.
- After onion becomes translucent and garlic becomes fragrant, add ground turkey.
- Cook the turkey for 10-12 minutes
- While turkey is cooking add salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and chili powder.
- Stir in BBQ sauce, tomato sauce, tomato paste, and worcestershire sauce.
- Reduce heat to low and let simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve on whole wheat bun or sandwich thin.
Nutrition Facts (without bun):
190 calories, 14g CHO, 20g pro, 6g fat